Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Winter "Slush" Fest!!!!









Every year at my parent's lake house there is a Winter Festival on the lake. This year it was a "Slush" fest. I discovered that my boots are only water resistant not water proof! Will loved playing in the sloppy, wet mess and managed to have a snow ball fight and get a sled ride from Papa. Kane did his part and just stood there and observed, but he had to be a part of the action. It is hard to believe that we were on the lake and that in a several months it will be all thawed out. It was surreal seeing cars driving on the ice. So here are a few questions for you.

Would you take your car on a lake even if they say it is a frozen 12 inches deep? (I wouldn't!!!)

Do you have any fun winter activities? (I like snowshoeing even though I have only done it once)

Do you like snowmobiling? (It seems boring to me but hubby loves it and rides for hours at a time)

I am a warm weather girl and am still trying to figure out why on earth we live in the Midwest, I don't like winter and am sick of it!!!

P.S. I will be announcing the Featured Reader winner later today, so be sure to check back. I need to cut up over 135 entires and pull a name randomly, anyone want to help?

14 comments:

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

My sister lives in upstate NY on a lake:) It is amazing to me that you can drive on that! We actually had some snow here in AZ last night!

Great photos! What a fun day!

Proud Mommy said...

I'm not sure why I live in Michigan either!!!! I'll take 80 degrees and my umbrella drink any day!!!!

I am Harriet said...

I can tell you that I am not sorry to see all of our snow melted away. We had a wicked winter.
:)

Ali said...

Looks like you guys had a good time! I think Kane needs a sweater though:)

Anonymous said...

I couldn't imagine driving on a lake that was frozen over I couldn't imagine being in a place that cold Burrrr. Enjoyed the pictures they were great!!

Unknown said...

Oooo your hair looks super fabulous. Great pics! Had to check out the new contrib badge, too. All that pink was getting to me :P

angie said...

Love all pictures! I think I would like snowmobiling since I like 4 wheeling. I'd definitely have to travel somewhere to do it though!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures :) and as you I don't know why I live in Illinois, I can't stand winter and cold :(

Unknown said...

What wonderful photos! I love it. I am curious to see what you will post for WW.

Anonymous said...

I'll bet you couldn't have gone out on that very same lake today! We hardly have any signs of snow here all the sudden. We're right by Lake Michigan. The snow will be back but this little warm burst sure was nice!

Clare said...

That looks amazing!! We haven't gotten any fun snow, I am so jealous! great pics!

Wanda said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. It looks like you were having a great time. The pictures of you and your son are great! Those are precious memories you've made.
Have a great week!

Shannon said...

I'd be with Kane... standing there and observing, happy to not be a part of the action, LOL!

I lived in Jackson, MI for 8 years... but that was over 20 years ago! I do remember going sledding and making snow forts.

Kris said...

Those are such great photos! What a fun memory for your little guy.