Monday, July 6, 2009

Featured Reader: Let me introduce you to...

La Dolce Vita


Hello friends! I hope everyone had a great weekend and for those in the states a Happy 4th of July! We spent the weekend at the lake and saw some fab fireworks! Do you know what I love about Monday's... introducing you to one of my readers.

I have the great pleasure of introducing you to Sue of My Home Wellingtontown. What is so intriguing about blogging is the people you meet and the ability to connect with someone on the other side of the world! Sue resides in New Zealand, how cool is that! I know you are going to love Sue's blog as much as I do. Sue is a married Mama of 4 daughters, and returned to paid work (as Sue refers to it) after 20 years of staying home with her girls. Please grab a cup of joe and get to know my friend Sue.

Name:

Sue from My Home Wellingtontown


Your family:


Me, the hubs (of almost 25 years), 4 daughters – (2 teenagers, 2 pre-teens), 3 cats and 2 rabbits!



How did you start blogging?


I thought about it for a looooooooong time before I actually started. I thought

blogging would be a personal online journal, and that if I couldn’t share everything, then I wouldn’t share at all. In the end I took the leap, and the reality is that my blog has turned

out to be quite different; a slice of life, a way to showcase my lovely Wellington City, my scrapbooking, my return to paid work after 20 years, and everything else in between! I also lo

ve the way I have been able to connect with like-minded women from all over

the world.





If you are a parent do you have a parenting philosophy?


Children are little people with less life experience. What they say is important, and we can learn so much from them.


You will never find me without......my camera!!!

Day job:


I recently returned to the workforce after 20 years as a SAHM! The entire process was very character building (!) and took much longer than expected. I just love the change in lifestyle, which sees me involved in IT and event management for 20 hours a week.


Favorite Stuff:


Music: anything that isn’t too heavy

Food: ceasar salad, curry, thai, Italian, coffee, chocolate. Any meal that someone else has cooked for me!

Tv/ Movies: fave movie of all time: sleepless in seattle. 2nd fave movie of all time: love actually. (can ya tell I’m a hopeless romantic!)

Reading: anything well written with strong characters


If you had to wear a T-shirt with your favorite saying on it what would it be?


No coffee no workee


Favorite stores to shop at.


Not many people reading this will recognize the names of the stores, so I’m going to go with anywhere that sells boots (which is what I’m looking for right now!) Remember, it’s the middle of winter! When I’m in the States, I love payless shoesource and target!!! When I LIVED in the states, I loved nine west and express (is that what it’s called?)


If you could trade with a blogger for the day who would it be?


Definitely daryl from out and about in new York City. I’ve met her you know! I was in NY last October and I just luuuuuuuuuuurve the place!


Other good stuff from Sue:


I love to scrap, stamp, make cards, walk the local hills in my suburb, ride my mountain bike and orchestrate heavily planned family events. It’s not that I’m not spontaneous; it’s just that the older girls are in their late teens and it takes so much effort to co-ordinate the 6 of us! We most recently went bowling and out for Chinese. I love watching movies and hanging out with my friend; if that involves cocktails and dancing – all the better.

I’m also looking forward to my 2 weeks trip to Rome in October this year with my husband (sans children!)


Please be sure to visit Sue's site My Home Wellingtontown and leave some comment love in this post!


If you would like to be a featured reader please send a link to your site to klacustomcreations@comcast.net

P.S. I think it may be time for another giveaway at my site for some jewelry so be sure to return this week to enter!

13 comments:

scrappysue said...

that's awesome kristen!!! it looks GREAT!!! i'm working on my post right now!

mommakin said...

I have been reading Sue for a while now, but your interview gave me more insight into her. Great choice for Featured Reader!

Anonymous said...

I've been reading Sue's blog for over a year now and she's always doing something exciting - baking cupcakes, parties involving dance routines and costumes, scrapping, traveling, sharing the accomplishments of her talented family - the fun never ends.

It's lovely to see her featured!

Susan Holt Simpson said...

I've been following Sue's life in NZ for a few months now, and have enjoyed the privilege. Thanks for featuring her!

Robin Lambright said...

Wonderful interview. I have just recently found Sue's blog and have been enjoying it ever since.

Blessings
Robin

Anonymous said...

Cool feature, I'm off to check her site :)

Melinda said...

I have had the pleasure of reading Sue's blog from the very first day she posted an entry. Also even more exciting was spending an entire girls weekend with her last October!! She is an awesome person and her blog is a great read. Good choice for a featured reader!

Claremont First Ward said...

I absolutely LOVE Sue. Love her.

cat said...

Oh I just love Sue! Great blog and great writer. I love reading another Southern Hemisphere mom's blog.

Ali said...

My step-mom-in-law is from NZ! I look forward to checking out Sue's blog and I love the quote, "No coffee no workee", lol!

And I'm so glad you enjoyed the potato salad!

Elizabeth said...

Oh, I wish I had known that t-shirt saying! I would have made that for you instead, Sue!
Good to see you featured on the web. You're one of my faves!

JenEverAfter said...

I'm a big fan of Love Actually, too! Gonna have to go check out Sue!

tiarastantrums said...

great feature - I adore sue!!