Thursday, June 26, 2008

What is your favorite summertime drink?


My favorite summer time drink is 1/2 lemonade and 1/2 ice tea. I love the new Simply Lemonade. It tastes just like fresh squeezed with out all the work. The best part is that you can get it at most grocery stores. I brew ice tea with my Mr. Coffee Ice tea maker and keep it chilled in the fridge. Pour over ice and enjoy! Will calls it "Mama's drink" and he loves it also.
What do you call a 1/2 lemonade 1/2 ice team drink? I call it an Arnold Palmer but when ordering at a restaurant I usually get a, "What do you want?" and then I have to say "1/2 lemonade and 1/2 ice tea." In some parts of Michigan I have heard it called a Swamp Water.
So please share what your favorite drink for summer is. Next week I will share my Sangria recipe.

6 comments:

The Mom Jen said...

I love iced tea and lemonade separately, but why haven't i ever combined??

I'll say Iced Tea is the ultimate on a summer day...either that or ice cold water!

Now on the alcoholic side...Corona Light beer with Lemon!! (ooh with mexican food, bonus!)

scargosun said...

Sweet tea. I LOVE it. I never knew about it until I went to school in NC. I could live on it.

Lori said...

I would have to say ice water with lemon is my favorite but do like lemonade and ice tea too.

Corona with lime is my favorite alcohol drink...when it's really hot pretty much any cold beer will do for me though...and I do like margarita's too!

Anonymous said...

Lemonade is my favorite summer drink too but I will have to try Simply Lemonade :-)

Ali said...

I love Simply Lemonade! I feel better about buying it instead of a bottle of soda at the check out. Perfect for the drive back home.

Laurie Roskam said...

Ice water with lemon is my first vote....

Coffee Granata is good too!
Laurie B.
http://27lauriebethbeggin.etsy.com