Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Stick a fork in it.....

I am done w/ orders! I had a few last minute orders for local customers and several pieces of jewelry I was making for gifts. I am pleased to say I am done, hooray! I am looking forward to some time to relax and some extra snuggles with my little guy, but he was kind enough to give me a snuggle in this picture! Hubby was off on Monday and did the grocery shopping for me. He tried picking up our ham at Dearborn Sausage Company, but the police were directing traffic so he decided to pick it up at the grocery store, and he picked up the ingredients for our favorite Christmas Day breakfast. I hope you enjoy the recipe, it is from Martha Stewart from a few years ago, she made it w/ Roger Bart from Desperate Housewives (the crazy doctor that had a thing for Bree. Enjoy!
Cheese Strata With Roger Bart
Serves 6
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more softened, for baking dish
8 slices Pain De Siegle or sourdough bread
1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups swiss cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
4 large eggs
2 cups milk
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Butter an 8-inch square baking dish; line bottom w/ 4 slices bread. Sprinkle with half of each cheese. Top w/ chives. Layer with remaining bread and cheese.
2. Whisk together eggs, milk, melted butter, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture into baking dish. Cover; refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Bake strata until puffed golden, one hour, to one hour and 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm trying this recipe for sure :) Love the snuggle picture :) and so glad you can take some time to relax, Merry Christmas to you and your family :)

Andrea said...

Thanks for the recipe and I hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Kori said...

Recipe sounds yummy.

Congratulations on finally being able to take a breather from the jewelry making.

Ali said...

Congratulations on being done with your orders! I know everyone will enjoy your jewelry!

Unknown said...

Awww. What a sweet pic!
Congrats on getting all of your orders done. I bet a lot of people are going to be thrilled with their Christmas gifts this year!
PS- Does Roger come along with the strata? :)

angie said...

The recipe sounds good! Glad your orders are done and you can relax a little.

Merry Christmas!

Bob and Jenn Peacock said...

Great recipe! I am glad you have time to relax now. Thanks again for making the time to make another cute necklace for me!