Monday, August 11, 2008

Take a peek....

Take a peek Into my garden. In a previous post I talked about one of my favorite summertime memories. As a kid I spent most days at the city pool and on the way home would walk by this house that always had the most gorgeous daisies. I would always pick just a few to give my mom.
The years have passed and I too now have my own daisy garden. I wanted to let the "Daisy Lady" know how much I enjoyed and still enjoy her flowers. Can you believe she still has the most gorgeous daises in the neighborhood and still tends to them.
I decided to drop her a card today and let her know how much I have enjoyed her daisies through out the years. I have been meaning to do this but just hadn't gotten around to it.
I think sometimes people do the smallest things and just don't realize how much they impact you. I hope I make her day, when she receives my card.

7 comments:

Clare said...

you are sooo sweet!! i luv this post, and i know you made her day/week!!! Clare

Genny said...

I am sure your card WILL make her day. What a sweet childhood memory, and what a beautiful garden! I don't have a greenthumb, and I so wish I did! I used to work with a woman when I went to college who had the most beautiful rose garden I've ever seen. She'd always bring me roses when she came to the office. I think I'll go send her a note too!...Thanks!

p.s. your comment about wearing two different shoes too made me feel better! Apparently, it's more common than I though. LOL!

Jennifer said...

Kristen...you never cease to amaze me! So thoughtful!

Mrs4444 said...

You are so right; the smallest gestures are so appreciated, especially by people who are older and alone. You're a sweetheart.

Stylish Stitches said...

that's a sweet childhood memory...have read my blog today? Looks like we've both been doing some reminiscing lately.

Ali said...

I'd love to see her face when she gets your card, I know it would make my day!

Anonymous said...

I know your card will put a smile on her face!