Monday, October 5, 2009

Featured Reader: Let me introduce you to...

La Dolce Vita



Hello friends! I hope everyone had a great weekend. We had a cold, rainy weekend but did manage to go to the movies and get some pumpkins!

I always love Monday's since I have the great pleasure of introducing you to one of my fabulous bloggy friends! I am very excited to introduce you to Jennifer of It's a Beauty Filled Life.
Jennifer shares so much of her daily experiences as a Mama and is always entertaining, she speaks from the heart but adds a bit of humor and is sure to put a smile on your face. Jennifer surely does have a beauty filled life, so grab a beverage of choice and get to know my friend Jennifer!

Name:

Jennifer of It's A Beauty Filled Life


Family:

I’m a first time mom to a one-year-old who just discovered feet stomping, and have been married to my loving husband for three years.

How did you start blogging?

While I was on maternity leave, I found myself unable to sleep, so I turned to surfing the internet. Once there, I ‘discovered’ the secret world of Mommy Bloggers and never looked back!



What is your parenting philosophy?

My parenting philosophy? Well, I don’t have a philosophy per se, but I do have a goal: make sure my Monkey is well-fed, loved, safe, and turns into a kind, loving, active person when he grows up.

You will never find me without......

My cell phone and my wallet. And even if you managed to find me without my wallet, you still wouldn’t find me without my cell. It’s like an extra body part, at this point.

Day job:

SAHM (aka Maid, Cook, Handyman, Babysitter, Dog Walker, Blogger, Personal Assistant, Nurse, Inventor, Accountant) and a professional actress

Favorite Stuff:

Music: Musical theater, pop, jazz, R&B, some hip-hop

Food: Filipino, Indian, and Japanese. Oh, and ALL baked goods. Yes. ALL. Oh wait, I forgot to mention anything carbs. Sweet, salty, baked, fried. Okay, I think that’s it…

TV/ Movies:

TV – Grey’s Anatomy, Ugly Betty, Biggest Loser, 30 Rock, The Office, SYTYCD, Glee. All-Time: Felicity, Gilmore Girls, Friends, Everybody Loves Raymond, The Brady Bunch

MOVIES - Gone With The Wind, West Side Story, Grease 2, Dumb and Dumber, Amélie, Groundhog Day, Bridget Jones, Overboard, Clueless, Under The Tuscan Sun, and She-Devil.

Reading: I looove to read. If there’s printing on it, I’ll read it: magazines, food boxes, street signs, prescription bottles… When I do have a real moment to enjoy a book, I usually choose books from best seller lists, biographies, plays, and classics. I’m also trying to read my way through the Literary Canon. And then there’s chick lit! I can’t help but love it!

Link to literary canon:

http://www.interleaves.org/~rteeter/grtbloom.html

If you had to wear a T-shirt with your favorite saying on it what would it be?

Oooh! Great question! I actually have two…

1. I got the part, so buy me a cheese danish.

2. My God. You’ve gotten fat. – Edna Mode, from The Incredibles

Favorite stores to shop at

Target, Nordstrom/Nordstrom Rack, Marshalls, Forever 21, and TJ Maxx. WAIT! I can NOT forget my ever loving Costco! Pffftt! Warehouse shopping is awesome!

If you could trade with a blogger for the day who would it be?

If I could trade with one blogger for the day, I would be Arianna Huffington at The Huffington Post. Although, I suppose she isn’t personally blogging, huh? LOL!

Please be sure to leave Jennifer some comment love and head on over to her blog for a visit, you won't be sorry!

If you would like to be a featured reader please send an email to klacustomcreations@comcast.net, and not be shy!

16 comments:

Insanitykim said...

Sweet! You're fantabulous Jennifer and so glad to know ya in the bloggy world! Here's to many, many MANY more bloggy years and awesome cheesecake!! :)

Liz Mays said...

I love Jennifer! She's so witty and sweet and genuinely kindhearted.

Great feature!!

Angela Moore said...

Great post! I'll be heading over to check out Jennifer's blog now...

Anonymous said...

Cool :) feature!

Michelle said...

What a neat feature. She sounds like my kid of blogger. I'll have to stop by her blog and say hi.

Unknown said...

Yea Jennifer! she is an absolute doll! Glad you featured her!

The Blonde Duck said...

Oh my gosh! I love her! And I love her second t-shirt--I would totally wear a shirt with Edna's trademark line!

Minky Moo said...

Cool feature! I follow Jennifer's blog and yet I think I really learned a lot about her today! Cool idea.

Jennifer said...

I forgot to add 'Barber' to my list of jobs under my official title of SAHM, seeing as how I have to cut my husband's hair every so often! LOL!

Thanks for featuring me Kristen! This is so awesome! :-)

MaricrisG said...

Thank you for featuring wonderful bloggers that we can all admire and be friends with in return :)

B said...

jennifer is a twitter buddy but she has been MIA.

Love reading her too though it's been awhile since I visited.

Amy said...

Glad to meet her.

Helene said...

This was fun to read....so glad Jennifer was chosen as a featured blogger!! I love her blog!!!

And I would totally buy the 2nd t-shirt if it were an actual t-shirt...that's one of my favorite lines from the Incredibles!

I also thought I was the only one who loved the movie She-Devil!

KarieK said...

Oh Jennifer I love your Edna Mode shirt...can you get me one and we can be twins!

I love you to death sister!

Kristen what a great feature! Thanks for sharing with the rest of us.

karie

***Sharon*** said...

Jennifer is da bomb! :) Love her blog and love that you featured her! Great to get to know her a little better!

Tam said...

Great feature and I thought Jennifer is very funny and witty!