Thursday, January 27, 2011

You Capture: Happy


This Amaretto Bundt Cake made our entire family so H-A-P-P-Y!!! My sister-in-law made it a few weeks ago and so kindly shared the recipe. What really makes it is the Amaretto glaze.

Amaretto Bundt Cake

Cake batter:
1 package (18.25 ounce) yellow cake mix {I used one from Trader Joe's}
4 large eggs
1 (6 serving) package vanilla instant pudding
6 teaspoons amaretto
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon almond extract

Frosting:
1/2 cup amaretto
2 cups powdered sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Combine cake mix, eggs, pudding, water, oil, almond extract and 6 teaspoons amaretto;blend together well. Pour batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake for 40-50 min.

4, While cake is cooking prepare the Amaretto icing: Sift powdered sugar and remaining 1/2 cup Amaretto and blend until smooth with a hand mixer.

5. Remove cake and leave it in the pan, while it is still hot poke holes in the bottom and pour the amaretto icing over the bottom of cake. {I used a straw and put several holes around the cake and it soaked in perfectly.} Let cool for at least two hours before removing from pan.

Enjoy!

Photobucket


Tidy Mom I'm Lovin It Fridays

14 comments:

Chocolate Girl said...

Yum. Just yum.

Adventures as a Small Town Mom said...

Yummy! I can't wait to make this.

Alita said...

Mmmmmmm yes, this would make me happy!

Tara said...

YUP, that cake looks so good!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

tiarastantrums said...

yum - looks delicious!

Susan said...

Mmm I love amaretto! Thanks for the recipe, it sounds amazing! ~ I love the sentiments on the plate as well.

sara said...

Oh that sounds so good, my stomach is growling!

Gina Kleinworth said...

Oh- I know what I will be making later today- so I can bring your happiness into my home too. :)

Unknown said...

this would make me very happy :)

Anonymous said...

Nooooooo...I don't eat sugar anymore...and that looks DELICIOUS! LOL

Jan
www.janssushibar.com

Natalie said...

Oh gosh that looks delish! I haven't had a bundt cake in FOREVER

shelley said...

this looks d-vine!
shelley

Jade @ Tasting Grace said...

Oh that looks amazing! YUM.

thatgirlblogs said...

so many people at youcapture are posting food pics, myself included -- guess we know what makes us happy! this looks yum.