Friday, October 10, 2008

Going Pink Has Never Been More Fashionable





If you like the color pink then October is your month. Who knew supporting a good cause could be so fashionable? October as most are aware is Breast Cancer Awareness month. There are so many companies that have banned together as warriors against Breast Cancer, and with the purchase of their items a portion of their proceeds and in some cases all proceeds will be donated to support Breast Cancer related organizations. It always makes you feel good when a portion of your proceeds will go to a good cause. What is also fabulous is that with many of these items you can show your support and hope for a cure when wearing the item.

Here are a few ways that you can show your support for Breast Cancer Awareness:

1. Make a purchase from a retailer that gives a portion of proceeds to Breast Cancer Awareness
2. Join the Gal to Gal Virtual Walk, and create your very own fashion plate to join the walk.
3. Host a Jean day in your office and ask for each participant to pay $5 and donate the money.
4. Visit pinkforoctober.org which is free and post one of their awareness buttons at your site and also list your blog to show your support.

Awareness and early detection are key. My Aunt is a Breast Cancer Survivor and we owe that to her self examination. Join me in being a warrior against Breast Cancer. Be Aware and Go Pink for October!!!


Take a closer look at the selected items:

Coach Breast Cancer Awareness Key Chain

Ralph Lauren Pink Pony Slim Tee

Privo Puffer

2008 Ford Warriors Scarf

Warrior T-Shirt

Talk about it T-Shirt


Shopping tip: Very often if you sign up for a retailers e-mail list you will receive valuable discounts. A few that send out coupons on a regular basis include Express Fashion, Gap, Old Navy, Ann Taylor, Ann Taylor Loft, American Eagle, and many more.

This article was originally published at Beautiful Fabulous.

Vote for my post Who knew going pink is so fashionable on Mom Blog Network

Have you made a purchase that benefits Breast Cancer Research?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love pink especially the month of October. I have several friends whose moms have had breast cancer and thank God they are in remission.

Tena said...

Great post!!
I love the Warrior T-Shirt ( even though it is not pink), I think I might need to get it!
Happy Friday!

Genny said...

Loved this! My mother-in-law and one of my best friends both recently battled (and won!) breast cancer. We've got the Susan G. Comen walk here in October and I am looking forward to it!

Jenni said...

Those shoes are CUTE!

Anonymous said...

I love the shoes on the picture so cute :)

Anonymous said...

BTW I can't live my blog link under since I don't have an option for URL non of those let me :) the link is http://www.firefly-shop.org/ if you want to check it out. I also added your cute button to my page LOVE IT :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Thanks for adding me to your site :)

Unknown said...

What a great variety of items for this month. I believe we should "think pink" every month of the year.

Unknown said...

I love this post. I think it's wonderful how many businesses have made it so easy to "go pink" and raise awareness.

We lost my mother-in-law to cancer so this is very important to me.. it always hits close to home.

Anonymous said...

http://www.firefly-shop.org/

I nominated you for an award on my blog...go see!

Kathy_in_Colorado said...

I love seeing the pink all over the grocery stores on all the products and I have been donating each time at the cash register. Love your tips and appreciate your ideas. Thanks so much!

Kathy
http://www.kathalog.com/

Bob and Jenn Peacock said...

I saw this post before and I thought I replied, I think I am losing my mind these days! I bought a new stethoscope for work from a site that donated $5 dollars of the price to breast cancer research. Did I mention my new stethoscope is pink? Everyone at work loves it and it was for a good cause!