Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Michigan Cherry Chicken Salad


Did you know that Michigan represents about 75 percent of the tart cherries and 20 percent of the sweet cherries grown annually in the United States. Right now we are in the peak of our Cherry season and boy are they yummy! I love dried cherries in my oatmeal, in my cookies, I love cherry salsa but I especially love a Cherry Chicken Salad!

Cherry Chicken Salad:

2.5 ounces baby spring mix
2 grilled chicken breasts, sliced
1/4 cup dried cherries (and especially good with Michigan cherries!)
1/4 cup candied walnuts
4 Tbsp blue cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup Raspberry Vinaigrette (I know it is a cherry salad but I love it w/ Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing I like either Ken's Raspberry Vinaigrette or Newman's Vinaigrette)

Divide baby spring mixed lettuce between 2 plates. Top each plate with grilled chicken breast, dried cherries, walnuts, and blue cheese. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salads.


Bon Appetit!!!

7 comments:

Kel said...

That sounds so yummy. I am currently stuck on Panera's Strawberry Poppyseed Salad, but I think I will branch out! :) I love cherries too. Sometimes I just munch on them all day long.

Debbie Petras said...

This looks really good! I didn't know that about Michigan either. My husband loves cherries so I think I'll try this one. I appreciate the recipe.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Colette S said...

oooh cherries. I love cherries!

And this salad sounds so good. Different from regular salads.

In my country I used to eat cherries off the trees!

Liz Mays said...

So you used sweet cherries, not tart ones, right? Michigan cherries are divine!!! I will miss them when I move.

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

You have solved my lunch dilemma! This sounds fabulous! I love the ingredients!

I used to go cherry picking in MI when I was a child! I loved it!

Aliceson said...

Delicious! I love this time of year when the fruits and veggies are about as good as they are going to get. Mmmm cherries!

Anonymous said...

Cherries are yummy! Can you share the cherry salsa recipe?