Friday, September 18, 2009

I am a budget fashionista


Who doesn't love a good deal? I know I do and I almost never pay full price for stuff, there are things that do not go on sale and staple classics that I am willing to pay more for since I also believe you get what you pay for.

Here are a few of my money saving tips:

1. Sign up for your favorite stores email list. I like to shop at Gymboree for Will and never pay full price. I watch for one of their special sales and also try to use a coupon and I LOVE their Gymbuck program. I usually pay around $6-$10 for Will's T-shirts. The best part about Gymboree is that their lines for kids typically intermix.

2. Visit sites like Able Shopper to see if there are coupons available, printable and web coupons.

3. Just simply Google the entire product name of an item you are looking for and often you can find it much cheaper at a site. I did this for a jogging stroller we wanted for Will and found it $75 dollars cheaper.

4. Watch your favorite stores online for sales and even if they sell out in your size call the customer service department and see if they can locate the item for you, sometimes they will ship for free or next to nothing. I also ask if there are any special offers they could apply. It is always worth asking.

I find it a bit of a game to find the best deals and the money I save allows me to feel less guilty when I do have to pay full price for an item.

I am still trying to master the grocery store saving so if you have a tip there please share.

Do you have a money saving tip to share?

If you would like to view more Aloha Friday questions please visit Island Life 808

18 comments:

sheila said...

Huh. I actually shop online a lot during the holidays. In fact, I do 99% of my holiday shopping online.

But I never knew about that coupon site - printable that you mentioned. I'm gonna have to check that out. You mean the stores will accept printed coupons? cool!

TheAtticGirl said...

I like to shop for shoes at places like TJ Maxx or Marshall's or even Sears. I refuse to pay $50-60 for a pair of sneakers in the malls. I can find cheaper shoe prices in clearance and still get good quality.

http://atticgirl.blogspot.com/2009/09/aloha-friday-desk-inspiration.html

Unknown said...

I'm the same.. I never pay full price for things! Even in the supermarket I'll only go for the bargains/offers!!! :)

AudreyO said...

Buy clothing off season. It's amazing how much they mark down the previous season's clothing.

Liz Mays said...

TJ Maxx has been a huge help for me when I have to buy something.

Staying home works well too! ;)

MadeInCanarias said...

I shop with list.

Kiki said...

I always wait for end of season and clearance sales. I buy fashions that don't go out of style for myself. I also buy clearance items for lil' D a size bigger, knowing he can wear them for over a year. He is a 5t now, so I will start buying 6-7 for him. He has always been a year ahead in clothes for his age. He grows fast. Aloha and take care.
-Kiki

Gem said...

I always look for coupons by googling or going to a company's site. I normally shop at outlet malls, or places like Ross's and Nordstrom Rack, and the clearance rack at regular dept. stores.

Amy said...

I use coupons or watch for things to go on sale. Plus some places send me coupons on line.

Suzy said...

I don't have any great tips too share-----just the normal things like shop when things are on sale and I've noticed that buying online can save me a bundle in time/gas/and headaches!

Aloha!

Jenni said...

I look for deals online, too! I love finding codes!

Kailani said...

I shop online the day after Thanksgiving. A lot of places have great deals and free shipping!

Moore Minutes said...

I like budget shopping too...BUT I also love good quality, so I try to find my good stuff on sale! ;) You're right, there are some pretty good deals to look for at Gymboree. Love that store!

Anonymous said...

i buy from india...no body can be a cheapie like me!lol!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE a good deal!

Anonymous said...

I do the same.I use store coupons, and love the email promotions. When I'm shopping online it's mostly for home, presents or hubby, toys and things for my kiddo. For me I have to try the clothes and shoes, so I find the best deals in the stores!

Amy B said...

I think my best money saving tip is Ross. Emily is 12 going on 16..and that means clothes and book bags and this and that.
I foudn her a BILLIBONG backpack there for $16.00 and saw the same one at the local surf shop for $49.00. I also shop there for all her clothes...as I find them I pick them up and put them away for next school year.
Great sites for coupons. Thanks.

Killara girl said...

Probaby not much of a tip but I do like to go at the end of seasons sales, esp store like old navy & gap, where I can often find clothes as low as $2. That's about the only time I can afford to shop:)