Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Nothing screams fall like....



Apple Crisp!!!!



Today marks the first day of fall or the Autumnal Equinox where we have equal day light and sunlight, (see Mom and Dad I did learn something in college!) We always have such fabulous apples in Michigan, so I of course made some Apple Crisp, this is before I burned my hand on the stove!



Apple Crisp Recipe

6 apples peeled and sliced
1 c. dark brown sugar
1 cup flour
1 stick butter
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. uncooked oatmeal (sometimes I leave it out)


Place apples in bottom of 9x13 inch pan. Blend sugar, butter, flour cinnamon and oatmeal together with a pastry blender. Streusel over apples. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Serve warm or cold but is especially good with vanilla ice cream.
Enjoy!!!!!

12 comments:

tc said...

looks delicious ! My in-laws just gave me a bunch of apples form their tree and now I know what to do with it. Many thanx !

MaryAnne said...

love apple crisp with vanilla ice cream - you're right, it's the perfect fall treat =)

Amy said...

This is a second apple treat I have seen. I need to get me some yummy apples so I can try them.

Grace said...

I should NOT have come here on my lunch break... making me way too hungry! That looks simply yummo... I'm just curious... do you use a specific type of apple? I prefer to use macintosh...

Anonymous said...

ah!yummy! i love it!

Ginny said...

I'm in Michigan as well, will have to try this recipe. We do have some good apples here!

Cindy said...

Fall and apple crisp go hand in hand. Sometimes, it's easier to make with canned apples....gasp! Did I just say that! Only when I'm lazy.

Liz Mays said...

Now that looks delicious! Yes, it's time for sure!

City girl turned Country Girl said...

Oh that sounds just YUMMY!!! Can't wait to try it!!

sheila said...

Oh. YUMMMMMMMM

Anonymous said...

Looks so yummy I love it!

Marfa (formula for a life) said...

This recipe sounds absolutely delicious and I'm going to try it for sure.